From its inception, Social Citizens has served to spark discourse around the ideas we hold dear: collaboration, transparency, and social entrepreneurship. It’s a unique community of like-minded individuals, passionate about the things that matter and predisposed towards action. Today, we’re excited to announce that the Case Foundation has transitioned stewardship of Social Citizens to the Collaborative Fund. Moving forward, we’ll be engaging @SocialCitizen 330,000+ followers, and incubating discussion through a new Social Citizens Subreddit.
The original mission centered on creating social impact will remain consistent. However, the next phase of Social Citizens is focused on creating opportunities for discussion and action. The two platforms we’ve chosen as vehicles for these conversations are collaborative in nature and we’re excited to see the direction it takes—-wherever that may lead.
As an endeavor driven by the community, and in the candid spirit of transparency, we think it’s worthwhile to lay out some modest goals for all of us to work towards. A few metrics we hope to achieve in the coming months:
Social Citizens Subreddit:
- 50+ comments/day from external posters
- A visibly active voting pattern that indicates people are engaged
- 15 decent (non-spammy and relatively high-value) posts a day submitted by external posters (i.e. posters not in the Collaborative Fund network)
- Average of three retweets per tweet
- 25 collective “favorites” through a given day
*These metrics are a bit of a stab in the dark - but exemplify the overarching goal of this initial phase which is community engagement.